Event Management And Wedding Planning Co-ordination
Our distance learning Event Management & Wedding Planning Co-ordination course teaches you everything you need to know to enter a successful career in event management or wedding planning. This home study course is an excellent way to gain the knowledge and skills you need to organise and oversee all kinds of large events, from weddings and parties to corporate events. What's more, because the distance learning Event Management & Wedding Planning Co-ordination course is a fully comprehensive course, no prior knowledge is required.
This exciting Event Management and Wedding Planning Home Study course has been specially commissioned from a highly successful and experienced Event Planner to reflect the changing nature of this demanding yet rewarding sector. This is a course for those who are keen to work at a high level of responsibility, and who have a good level of literacy and a broad educational background. The course is at Level Four which is a good indication of the degree of skill, knowledge and application that will be required to successfully complete it. If you feel you are up to the challenge, then don’t hesitate further!
- Starting your own business is a brave and exciting decision to make. This course provides a look at the day-to-day reality of running a business and outlines the skills and qualities that you will need.
- The desire to be your own boss has attracted people from all backgrounds – rich and poor – to take a gamble and start out on their own. Many opportunities come about due to people being at the right place, at the right time – providing a service or product that enough people need or want to enable them to run a successful business. The Event Management and Wedding Planning and Co-ordination course can help you do that.
- Event Management and Wedding Planning involve the ability to be creative, communicate effectively and run a business all at the same time. Your success will depend on your ability to search out and take advantage of opportunities – but does come with a certain amount of risk attached. We will identify the specific skills that you will need to work in this demanding sector and work with you to develop those skills through the support of our experienced tutors.
What Could I Do After Taking This Event Management & Wedding Planning Co-ordination Course?
As a wedding planner, you will help couples have the wedding they want. This could mean planning and organising the whole wedding from start to finish or just sorting out certain aspects of the day. If you enjoy meeting people and love organising things, this job could be perfect for you.
Good communication skills and the ability the get on well with different kinds of people are something you will need in this job. You’ll also need to have good problem solving skills and be able to keep calm under pressure.
With experience, senior wedding and event planners can earn £25,000 or more.
*Source : National Careers Service
Your Event Management And Wedding Planning Co-ordination Course:
This exciting Event Management and Wedding Planning distance learning course has been specially commissioned from a highly successful and experienced Event Planner to reflect the changing nature of this demanding yet rewarding sector. This is a course for those who are keen to work at a high level of responsibility, and who have a good level of literacy and a broad educational background. The course is at Level Four which is a good indication of the degree of skill, knowledge and application that will be required to successfully complete it. If you feel you are up to the challenge, then dont hesitate further!
- Study Time
- Key Topics
- Entry Requirements
- Home Study Support
- Home Study Resources
- Further Information
- What's Included
- Possible Career Path
Study Hours are an approximate figure and are dependant upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. Furthermore, at the end of each lesson there is a question paper that needs to be completed and returned to your tutor. You should allow at least 1 - 2 hours of study to complete each question paper.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the Event Management And Wedding Planning Co-ordination course is: 110 Hours
The aim of this learning course is to provide an overview of many of the key activities of Event Management and Wedding Planning Co-ordination:
- The principal issues around setting up and operating a company.
- The importance of observing Health and Safety requirements.
- Environmental and ethical issues.
- How to plan for private clients.
- The principal logistical issues to be addressed when arranging an event.
- The main features of large scale event organisation.
- How to plan for corporate clients.
- Maintaining coordination on event-day.
- The main aspects of companies’ in-house events.
- The requirements of special events.
- The process of selecting an appropriate venue.
- The principal features of organising a wedding event.
- The importance and process of marketing a business.
- Developing an Event Plan
This course is marked through a process of continuous assessment guided by your tutor following ABC guidelines. This means that your qualification will be awarded according to your performance on assessments rather than by taking an exam.
We send the full course out with the units listed above, you then read through the course in your own time and complete the assignments which you send to your tutor for marking. There is no word count for these assignments. However, one sentence answers will be rejected and you will have to re-submit it for marking.
Upon verification of the activities, exercises and assignments, a certificate of achievement will be awarded by the national awarding organisation NCFE, as confirmation that your written work has met all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the programme.
Entry RequirementsNo Entry Requirements This course is openly available to anyone wishing to learn more about Event Management & Wedding Planning and would like to take part in a highly rewarding home study course. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and study further, so we try to keep our entry requirements to a minimum. You have the freedom to start the course at any time and continue your studies at your own pace for a period of up to 12 months from initial registration with full tutor support.
Home Study Support
You will be provided with comprehensive materials designed to provide you with everything required to complete your Event Management & Wedding Planning Co-ordination course. You will have your own personal tutor helping you with your course work and with any questions you may have. Plus you can contact our Student Advisors by email or phone for all the practical advice you may need – so we really are with you 100%.
What's more, you'll have access to the online student portal, where you can interact with other students, browse our resource library and manage your account.
Home Study Resources
Free Event Managers Bible with all orders
The Event Manager's Bible: the complete guide to organising and planning avoluntary or public event, by D. G. Conway
Free Event Planning Software with all orders
The Event Planner Pro software will help you to organise your business with campaigns as well as organising multiple client events.
Easy to use screens, including great online helpCreate unlimited prospects and clientsA comprehensive suite of reports can be previewed, printed, or exported to PDF files to enable you to e-mail themUse the Supplier Directory to maintain a list of suppliers that each of your clients can use and these can easily be copied into your client databasesProduce a profit and loss figure for one of your clients or your entire business at a click of a buttonAdvertising campaigns can be easily monitored to see how cost effective they areAll your information is stored on your computer and can be password protected for securityThe backup facility makes saving your data simpleThe software will run on Windows XP SP2, Vista and Windows 7
The Event Planner Pro software is split into two sections to enable you to manage your company, and manage your clients. We call these the Company Database and the Client Databases. The Company Database is used to manage your business with finances, diary and the supplier directory. The Client Databases includes facilities to manage all the information regarding your client's event, for example, details of the venue, guest list, and their list of suppliers. There is no limit to the number of client events you can create and no monthly or additional costs, thereby making our software very cost effective
Event Management and Wedding Planning Co-ordination ABC Level 4 Diploma
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units you have completed as part of your course). The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that this learning programme by Kendal Publishing has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria.
We have designed our training courses specifically to meet the needs of learners who prefer to study from home. The course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 4 (using Ofqual’s level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification. but the unit summary may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills (Recognition of Prior Learning) if you wish to progress towards regulated qualifications in the future.
This course has been designed to meet specific learner or employer requirements. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
Possible Career Path
Wedding Planner A wedding planner’s job is to help busy couples have the wedding they want. This could mean organising the whole wedding from start to finish, or just certain aspects of the day. Although you can use your creativity in the job, much of the work involves organisation and administration, particularly as you may be planning several weddings at once.
Find out more about the Job Role for Wedding Planner.
Event Manager As an events manager, you would be responsible for organising and running all kinds of promotional, corporate and social events. You would control the whole project, from initial planning, making sure that all elements come together on schedule, to running the event on the day.
Find out more about the Job Role for Event Manager.
Our online courses are fully digitised so you can study on any smart device. Your learning programme is completely flexible so you can study at a pace that suits you. All our content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective. Your course of study is broken down into units and sections, each of which contains lessons, activities and test papers. Courses are delivered on our Digital Learning Environment allowing you to study from anywhere on any smart device as long as you have access to the Internet. The course concludes by preparing you for examination using past papers in your chosen subject.
As a student, your course fee covers everything you will need to successfully complete the Event Management & Wedding Planning Co-ordination home study course and earn your award:
- Online study materials to enable the student to successfully complete the course.
- A full range of student services, including:
- Tutor marked assessments (TMAs)
- Access to the online student portal (Student Chat, Forums and Online Support Resources)
- NUS Extra Card (discounted membership)
- One year educational support by e-mail.
You can also choose to pick from following while you are enrolling and avail the services at a highly discounted price for our students.
GOOGLE ANDROID TABLET:
Makes your assignment submission and study on the move an absolute breeze. Available at a reduced price of £69.99 (RRP £99) to all students who enrol on 2 or more courses and pay for their course in full at the time of enrolment. Download your study materials and turn commuting time into profitable study time.
12 MONTH COURSE INSURANCE :
Reordering a course pack, if you have damaged yours, can be costly. You can usually expect to pay a huge price for a copy. The 12 month insurance Cover will meet the cost for you if your pack was damaged. We will send out another Course Pack at no extra cost if you send us a proof of the damaged course.
LEARNING FOR LIFE:
We support our students even after they have graduated from the college. Learning for Life Services include:
1. Academic Reference: We are often asked to provide references for students by employers or colleges and universities. The aims of an academic reference are to confirm facts (confirm accuracy of statements made in any application) and to provide relevant opinion on the candidate's aptitude and ability.
2. CV Refresh Service: When you successfully complete your course you will be entitled to our CV refresh service. We will update your current CV to ensure that your new skills and achievements are presented to the highest standard. We will also add your CV to databank of our sister company www.twindo.co.uk
3. 25% off Courses: *(This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
For all students who successfully complete their course, you will be entitled to 25% off any future courses through eDistance Learning or it's partners.
Furthermore this offer will be extended to your family and friends.
Further InformationAward Level: Level 4 Diploma Awarding Body: ABC Awards (www.abcawards.co.uk) Format: Online
If your course is being delivered online, please ensure you meet the minimum requirements below.
Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
Mac OS X, Mac OS 9.2 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
From time to time we may enrol our students with our partner sites; this is dependent on the number of students enrolling on a particular course and course material availability. If this happens, nothing changes for you other than the name of the college administering your course. We will continue to be your point of contact; you will get the exact same course you have enrolled on with the same high level of quality content and support.
This course can be enrolled upon by students internationally. There are no deadlines for enrolments.
WHAT TO DO NOW?
Step One: It's simple - all you need to do now is choose whether you want to pay in instalments or in full and then click on the relevant enrolment button at the top of this page.
Step Two: Once you have selected your payment option to enrol you will be redirected (this can take a few seconds) to our PayPal payment page for you to select your payment method and complete your enrolment.
Step Three: Within 7 days (normally 48 hours) your enrolment papers and course materials will be with you. A tutor and a dedicated support advisor will also be allocated to you.
That's it..... Thanks and wishing you the best of luck with your studies.
About ABC Awards
ABC Awards is a leading national Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, and the Welsh Government for their qualifications on the national framework i.e. the Qualifications and Curriculum Framework (QCF). It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
As a registered charity, ABC Awards combines 180 years of examination and assessment expertise but also implements a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers They are committed to developing qualifications, which help learners and organisations, by cultivating the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment and skills for life.They work with over 600 centers nationally and many tens of thousands of learners achieve an ABC Awards’ qualification each year.
How do I contact my tutor and submit assignments?
Will my tutor answer my support requests quickly?
How long do I have to complete the course?
Can I extend my tutor support if I do not complete within 12 months?
Are there any exams?
How does distance learning work?
When can I start the course?
How long do the courses take?
I want to buy a course that is not on the course list. What do I do?
Do the courses have tutorial support?
Is the course work done online or sent via the internet?
Is there a time limit or any deadlines?
Will I have to sit an examination?
How quickly will I receive my course material?
I wish to cancel my course. How do I do this?
Do I have to buy any other materials?
I’m not sure of what course I should take? Can you help?
Why choose eDistance Learning?
Please contact us if you have not found the answer you are looking for.
How is the course structured?
The Event Management & Wedding Planning Co-ordination course is divided into fourteen comprehensive modules:
1. The principal issues around setting up and operating a company. In this section you will learn about the legal aspects of setting up a business and the in-and-outs of financing it.
2. The importance of observing Health and Safety requirements. Whilst not the most exciting part of the course, this area is critical to be aware of as ignoring it could land you in heaps of trouble!
3. Environmental and ethical issues. These very pertinent issues are part-and-parcel of planning nowadays as more companies and individuals feel the need to play a part in making the planet a better place.
4. How to plan for private clients. The first of the sections looking at the requirements of specific client groups.
5. The principal logistical issues to be addressed when arranging an event. This is the real nuts-and bolts sections dealing with what you need to do at a basic organising level.
6. The main features of large scale event organisation. Large scale events pose their own set of difficulties and challenges, and this section highlights some of these and how they might be dealt with.
7. How to plan for corporate clients. Corporate clients will want you to help them plan for their specific company-driven objectives, and this section will give you an idea of how to balance your own vision with that of your corporate client.
8. Maintaining coordination on event-day. It's no good organising an event in detail if you don't ensure that it rolls out as it's meant to on the day. The main aspects of co-ordination are brought to the fore here.
9. The main aspects of companies' in-house events. As with Corporate clients, companies will expect you to help them achieve their targets so you will have to immerse yourself in their 'culture' if you want to understand this whilst, of course, maintaining your own standards and individuality.
10. The requirements of special events. Whether it's a VIP visit or an Official Opening, these types of events pose their own challenges.
11. The process of selecting an appropriate venue. It's no good organising an event if the venue is inappropriate! Guidance here as to how this might be avoided.
12. The principal features of organising a wedding event. The very personal and specific events around weddings are dealt with in this section.
13. The importance and process of marketing a business. Get your business known by taking into account the advice given in this comprehensive section.
14. Developing an Event Plan. This is where all you have learnt comes together! Two case studies are provided for you to work through and submit to your tutor for your final assignment.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available, therefore registration fee, certification fee and full tutor support is included in the course price for you. The enrolment fee for the Event Management & Wedding Planning Co-ordination home study course is £618.75, though for a limited time we are offering you the opportunity to pay only £495 which is a 20% discount if you enrol online and pay in full.
You can also opt for our Easy Payment Plan and enrol online today by paying a deposit of £195 and then 4 equal payments of £105.93 per month. The first instalment is paid about a month after you receive your course.
Custom Payment Plan
You can propose a custom payment plan below in order to pay for your course. Please use the sliders above the table to configure your custom plan and then fill out the attached form. One of our course advisors will contact you with a decision regarding your plan.
Please select the amount you would like to pay each month
Please selection the amount of months you wish to pay over
Payment Length (months)
*Please note: One of our course advisors will attempt to create an instalment agreement based on the figures you have entered above, however the actual amount and length of the agreement may vary.Submit Proposal
With paper and cd-rom course formats, we offer delivery options to many different countries. Please see the table below for more information.
|UK MAINLAND||EU DELIVERY||INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: